Last updated: July 20, 2020
What Personal Information We Collect
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it through our Services, or when you provide it to us through other means. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you:
- contact us through email, telephone, mail, or other correspondence;
- register for or request a service we provide or which we make available to you through our Services;
- upload content to our Website or App;
- create an account on the Services;
- link an account to our Services;
- enter a Hunt held through the Services;
- communicate with MoneyHunter Corp; and
- participate in a Hunt.
The Personal Information we collect will depend on the service you request. The Personal Information we collect might include:
- your full name;
- contact information, such as your address, telephone number, or email address;
- your date of birth;
- your username from third-party accounts which you have linked to the Services (each, a “Linked-Account”);
- your username on the Services;
- your profile picture;
- information provided by third party payment processors such as credit card providers or PayPal;
- your location;
- Website usage data, such as webpages viewed, viewing time, click information, and other analytical data; and
- any other Personal Information that you choose to submit to us.
When you interact with us or other users of the Services we collect certain information. This information might include:
- information about how, when, and where you use our Services;
- webpages of the Website viewed;
- duration of time spent on webpages of the Website;
- error logging, event recording, and user experience data;
- the settings you use on our Services; and
- other analytical data.
We also collect information about you from other sources. We obtain this information from sources such as:
- third party service providers, such as Facebook, Google, and Apple;
- other users of the Services;
- banking or other financial services providers; and
- publicly available sources.
How MoneyHunter Corp Collects Information Through Technological Means
When you visit our Website, we may collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser. This information may include your domain name, and your numerical IP address. We may also collect other information, such as the type of browser you use, which pages you view, and the files you request. Additionally, we may also collect other technical and system log information from you, such as:
- the hardware you use to interact with our Services;
- operating system and version information;
- software you use;
- API access tokens;
- mobile network information;
- pages you view on our Services;
- your unique device identifier;
- your system activity;
- software debug and crash information; and
- referral website address used to access our website.
We use this information to improve our understanding of how users use our Services, to improve our Services, and attract more users. We may also use the information collected for our own research and development purposes.
The amount of information that is sent to us by technological means depends on your browser or device and settings you use. Please refer to the instructions provided by your browser or device if you want to learn more about what information it sends to Services you use, or how you may change or restrict this.
- to improve functionality and performance of our Services, including tailoring our Services to increase relevancy of content displayed to you;
- to facilitate your transactions on the Services;
- to authenticate users of our Services;
- to provide us with insights on how users use our Services and other analytics, such as traffic on our Services;
- to remember your settings and preferences; and
- to deliver relevant advertisements to you based on your interests, preferences, and activities. Cookies also help to avoid delivering the same advertisements to you too many times and to measure the usefulness of advertisements you have been delivered. Information gathered by Cookies may be shared with third parties, including advertisers. This means that sometimes you’ll see our Services advertised elsewhere on the internet.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove Cookies some parts of our Services will not work and that when you revisit our Services your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations. You can also find out more information about managing, disabling, and deleting cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Information We Collect Through Google Analytics
Categories of Information we Collect.
This section lists the categories of personal information we have collected through our Services in the past 12 months. This list is likely to be overinclusive for any one user of the Services.
- Identifiers– including name, address, email address, account name, IP address, and cookie ID.
- Customer Records Information – including phone number.
- Demographic information – including your age range (specifically, whether you are above or below the age of majority in your jurisdiction).
- Commercial information on your interactions with the Services – including payments made to enter any Hunts.
- Internet or other electronic network activity – including browsing activity on our Website and App, browser type and browser language.
- Geolocation data inferred from your IP address.
How MoneyHunter Corp Uses and Discloses Personal Information
- to deliver our Services to you;
- to register your account on the Services;
- to verify and authenticate your account information;
- to send you informational, administrative, or promotional communications if you explicitly consented to receive these communications;
- to communicate with you;
- to administer Hunts;
- to verify that the identity of the winner of a Hunt matches the information used to sign up for the Account;
- to award prizes to winners of Hunts;
- to publicize information concerning winners of Hunts (for example, such information might be posted on our website or social media channels);
- to collect and disburse payments;
- to verify compliance with the official rules applicable to each Hunt;
- to conduct investigations;
- to respond to inquiries and provide you with customer support;
- to increase the security and safety of our Services and users;
- to perform analytics on our Services;
- for any other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent; and
- for any purpose required by law.
If you win a Hunt, we may publicly disclose on our Website and App and in any other publicity: (a) your username or Linked-Account username; (b) your profile picture or Linked-Account profile picture; (c) your name; (d) the prize you won; (e) your approximate location; and (g) your photo.
We also combine, analyze, process, and store information we collect from you for the purposes of facilitating and improving our Services. We may transfer information we collect from you to third party service providers that assist us with carrying out any of these purposes.
We work with payment services providers to collect payments and disburse funds from and to users of our Services. As a result, we will share your Personal Information and other payment information with third party payment service providers, to the extent necessary to make such payment collections and fund disbursements.
We reserve the right to transfer Personal Information to a third party in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party, or as part of the negotiations leading up to such merger or acquisition. We also may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose permitted by law or to which you consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information for legal compliance purposes, to cooperate with or carry-out investigations, and in compliance with any court order or subpoena.
We do not sell your Personal Information for monetary or other consideration.
How Personal Information is Transferred Internationally
MoneyHunter Corp is headquartered in Canada. If you are located outside Canada, your information is collected in your country and then transferred to Canada— or to another country in which we (or our affiliates or service providers) operate.
If we transfer your data out of the European Economic Area (E.E.A.), we implement at least one of the three following safeguards:
- We transfer your information to countries that have been recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to E.E.A. standards.
- We use a service provider in the United States that is Privacy Shield certified.
- We take steps to ensure that the recipient is bound by E.U. Standard Contractual Clauses to protect your personal data.
In certain situations, the courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those countries might be entitled to access your personal information.
How We Protect Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We protect your Personal Information by maintaining administrative, physical, and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of such Personal Information. Personal Information may only be accessed by persons within our organization who require such access to provide you with the services indicated above. We also use encryption of your data to keep your Personal Information secure.
We retain Personal Information that we collect only as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to meet legal requirements. We destroy Personal Information when it is no longer needed.
Third Party Collection of Information
Do Not Track
Do Not Track is a privacy option that people can set in certain web browsers. Do Not Track is a way for individuals to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or other online services. However, we do not recognize or respond to Do Not Track requests, and we have no special monitoring services to identify which browsers are using Do Not Track options and which do not.
THE SERVICES ARE NOT AIMED AT INDIVIDUALS UNDER 16. IF YOU ARE UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS OUR SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from people under 16 years old. If we learn that personal information of people under 16 years old has been collected on or through our Services, we will take appropriate steps to delete this information.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 16 years old who uses our Services, then please contact us at the address below to have your child’s account terminated and personal information deleted.
Rights of Access, Deletion, and Updates to Personal Information
In some parts of the world, you have the right to:
- Access, modify, or delete the Personal Information we have about you
- Receive an electronic copy of the Personal Information we have about you, for data portability
- Restrict, or object to, how we process Personal Information about you
- Not receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your privacy rights.
You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information, unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing of, or the keeping of, your Personal Information for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If you’d like to exercise any of the above rights, contact us via email at privacy@MoneyHunterCorp.com. In your request, please be specific. State the information you want changed, whether you’d like your information suppressed from our database or whether there are limitations you’d like us to put on how we use your Personal Information. Please use the email address linked to your account. To verify your identity, we will request that you provide a copy of your government-issued identification via email, the name on which must match the name that is associated with your account. In some instances we may also ask for additional information. This is how we verify your identity before complying.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to do that, please provide the agent with written permission, signed by you, authorizing the agent to submit the request on your behalf. The agent must submit that written permission along with the request. We will contact you to verify your identity — and the authorized agent’s permission — before a response to the request is sent.
We will respond to your request in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We might need to keep certain information for recordkeeping purposes, or to complete a transaction you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., if you entered a Hunt prior to the request, you might not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of that Hunt).
In some cases, your request does not ensure complete removal of the content or information
How to Contact Us
Right to Request Accessible Alternative Format